Your Ultimate Guide to Blackjack
If you are interested in playing blackjack but you’re not quite sure how to play it or how to start, you have come to the right place! We are here to guide you on your path to becoming a blackjack master. We recommend you to choose a good online live casino, read the instructions and head to the casino to try your luck!
Before you can play even one round of this game, you must know the rules, table manners and strategies. You must also understand what makes it different from other poker variants.
The rule number one is that your complete focus should always be on beating the dealer’s hand. You will win if you:
Rules of the game
- The standard 52-card pack.
- Face Cards are 10 and each individual player decides if an ace is worth 1 or 11. Any other card is its pip value.
- Before the game starts, players place bets in terms of chips.
- The dealer will shuffle portions of the card-pack until all cards have been combined. One player then cuts the pack.
- Once he receives all the bets, the dealer gives each player one cards face up. There is another round of ‘face up’ cards but the dealer’s card must be ‘face down.’ (In virtual blackjack, players’ cards are dealt ‘face up’ as long as no one touches their cards).
- If your first two cards are an ace and a 10-card, the dealer must pay you 1.5x his/her bet. If the dealer has a natural, he collects the bets of all players without a ‘natural win.’
- When it’s your turn to play, you can choose to either:
Stand – Not ask for another card
Hit – Ask for an alternative card in hopes of reaching 21
- Once the dealer has served all players, his face-down card must be turned up. Getting 17 or more means he must stand. However, a total of 16 means he must continue to pick cards until the total is 17.
In conclusion, this is one of the most enjoyable casino games in the industry. Now, you can find live blackjack and live dealers on most online casinos. With online casinos, you can play this game anytime and anywhere you like.
We have collected a bunch of articles for your help.
History of blackjack
Till today, there is no definitive consensus of the origin of blackjack. Still, there is evidence of such a game in France 1700s. Back then, it was called Vingt-et-Un, which means twenty-one. The game was extracted from the French card games; French Ferme and Chemin de Fer. Another version suggests that the game originated from Spain’s ‘ventiuna’ game. It was first acknowledged by Miguel de Cervantes, author of the famous ‘Don Quixote.’ Over the centuries, the game has evolved to what we play in today’s casinos.
The writer, Francois Rabelais is famous for mentioning a card game in the 1500s (1532 – 1542). The name of the card game was ‘Blackjack Rules.’ In his tale, ‘Gargantua and Pantagruel’ he noticed a card game of ‘one-and-thirty.’ The principles of this games are very much similar to today’s version.
Table Etiquette on Casinos
This game comes with its codes of conduct, procedures and playing strategies.
- Where the dealer deals the cards face down, ensure to pick up the cards using one hand, not two.
- All cash transactions and cards must be visible to security cameras. Never remove the cards from the table.
- Always use hand signals to signify to the dealer that you want a ‘hit.’ For security purposes, use hand signals that match with what you need. Other gestures might suggest you want to cheat.
- Your initial bet must remain untouched until there is either a win, loss or tie. Once the dealer gives the cards, do not touch the chips until the hand is settled.
Blackjack is a classic casino table game that is played at casinos across the world.…
Baccarat is a casino game classic that will never go out of style. You can…
Enjoy a thrilling game of live baccarat where you have complete control of the squeeze…
Which is your favourite Rainbow Riches slot? This is one of the most famous slot…
If you are a casino table game pundit, you have probably come across one or…
Foxium is a progeny development studio based in the Estonian capital of Tallinn. –And since its…