Online casinos offer many advantages. The most important is the fact that you can play the games from any place and at any time. Unfortunately, online casinos are not as thrilling as real casinos, and this is what necessitated the development of a blend of both worlds. Live online casinos involve real croupiers and dealers. These people roll the dice and deal the cards just as they would in a real-world casino, making the experience more authentic.
In many ways, online live casinos are better than real ones. Just like real casinos, you will be able to watch the process in real time. Some online casinos even play the news in the background, so you can be sure that what you are watching is not pre-recorded.
A key advantage of live online casinos is the generous bonuses offered. Real world casinos are not usually able to offer such bonuses to their customers. It is worth noting that the online live casino bonuses vary greatly among the companies. These services offer sign up promotions and a variety of live casino bonuses for new and existing users. Usually, this will depend on your gaming activity and VIP status.
Also, if you visit a real-world casino, you will have to wait until a table is free before you can play. That is not the case with online casinos. With these, you will be able to start the game as soon as you log into your account.
Traditional gambling houses have the notable benefit of having an appealing atmosphere. Online casinos are developed with sounds and graphics that are meant to imitate traditional casinos, but these still don’t match the real gambling houses. This can be an advantage if you don’t particularly enjoy the noise and smoke in real-world casinos.
There is also a larger variety of games available in traditional casinos since running an online live casino is considerably expensive. Most of these services provide baccarat, blackjack, roulette and their variations.
In these games, you can interact with the dealers although you will be playing over the internet. Some popular live casino games include:
• Baccarat– This game involves the comparison of hands between the player and the banker. There are three main variations of this game. These are the Punto Banco, Chemin de Fer and Baccarat Banque. You can choose to bet on the player or the banker, although sometimes, ties are accepted as bets. The bet you pick doesn’t need to match your part in the game. In baccarat, face cards have no value and aces are given a value of one. The rest of the cards are given their face value. The winner is the participant with the highest total value. Note that the total value can only be a single digit. If it is a double-digit number, the first digit will be dropped.
• Roulette– This game involves a small wheel that is spun by a real live croupier. The American version of this wheel has 38 sections while the European version has 37. Each of these sections is marked with a number that ranges from 0 to 36. The American version has an extra 00 slot. As a player, you can bet on a number, colour or a group of numbers. The colours available are red and black. For groups of numbers, you will usually be able to bet on high/low numbers and odd/even numbers. When the wheel spins, a ball will roll in the opposite direction of the spin and eventually rest on one of the sections.
• Blackjack– This is also referred to as 21 and is very popular. You will play against a live dealer, and you will aim to try as much as you possibly can to get to 21 points without going over the stated number. If you start the game with a score of 21, you automatically win it. Also, if the dealer reaches a hand that is worth more than 21, you automatically win the game. In this game, cards numbered 1 to 9 are worth their normal value and face cards are worth 10 points. Aces can have a value of 11 or 1. Read our ultimate guide to blackjack.
Everything in the game will be performed in real time, so you don’t have a reason to suspect foul play. You can even communicate with the croupier in case of anything.
There are several live casino software providers available, and these should help you choose a company to work with. It is particularly important to consider the licensing of the software. The software programs available include:
• Amaya Gaming– This software has UK and Loads licences. It has a lobby with three different views and features multiplayer blackjack and baccarat games. It also features roulette.
• Asia Live Tech– This live casino solution streams from Cambodia. They have three different studio areas and feature seven casino games. These include baccarat, roulette, Sic Bo, dragon tiger, xocdia, Fan-Tan and belangkai. You can play three different versions of baccarat with this software. They have a Cambodian license.
• Authentic Gaming– This software features three tables; Classic, Professional and Superieur. You can play against real people on your phone, tablet or laptop, and the videos are optimised for the available bandwidth. With this software, you can only play roulette. The software has a licence from Malta.
• Evolution Gaming– This is one of the best live online casino software providers available. It offers a wide range of popular casino games. These include baccarat, blackjack, roulette, casino hold’em, three card poker and dream catcher. It is certified by Alderney, UK, Malta, AAMS, SKAT, DGA, DGOJ, Murcia and Belgium Casino de Spa.
Most live dealer casinos have a chat function that you can use to communicate with the dealer as the game progresses. These are developed with audio and video functionalities to make the game even more realistic. You can use the chat function to ask the dealer to hit or stand, or even to ask a question about the game.
Live online casino games are streamed directly from a studio. That means you will need to download a huge amount of data fast. All games are played live, so you can’t download it at a slow pace to watch later. For this reason, you will need an internet connection with decent download speed. Most live dealer casinos have requirements for low-quality and high-quality services. For the former, an acceptable speed is 450 kbps, and for the latter, the service will require a download speed of at least 750 kbps.
One risk of gambling is the possible rigging of the games. In live casinos, this risk is reduced by the fact that all games are played in real time and before your eyes. To make sure you are even safer in the casino, you should check the bodies that regulate it and the random number generator (RNG) they use.
Some of the most credible regulatory bodies are Malta, UK and the Isle of Man. Companies that are regulated by these bodies are required to submit their systems and games for regular auditing, meaning the games are more likely to be fair.
The random number generator is meant to ensure that the spin of the wheel is based on chance. Reputable casinos will always provide information on their random number generator and will even employ third parties to test and verify the systems.