UKGC: UK Gambling Online Casinos Legislation
Gambling laws all over the world help to ensure that all casino operations are transparent and safe for both operators and players. In the United Kingdom, we have The Gambling Commission, which was set up in 2005. Under the government’s Department for Culture, Media and Sport, UKGC ensure that all online operators meet the required standards.
In 2013, the Gambling Commission took over the National Lottery Commission. This came with further regulations of the National Lottery under the National Lottery.
The United Kingdom is home to some of the oldest and largest online casinos in the industry. UK players also make a huge percentage of the total online casino players. So, are the UK gambling laws favourable?
Why we need the UK Gambling Commission:
• The gambling commission ensures that all license holders have a separate bank account for keeping the player’s funds.
• The UKGC ensures that operators only use licensed software.
• The commission always looks out for flag deceptive advertisements and promotions.
• The UKGC also ensures that casino houses use safe and secure payment options and take all the necessary steps to detect and avoid money laundering.
• The commission also ensures that the customer support system of licensed operators is reliable and efficient.
The UK Gambling Commission and the Gambling Act 2005
According to the act of 2005, the gambling commission has the power to issue gambling licenses, impose fines and revoke licences.
The act defines the UKGC’s Basic functions are:
• Preventing online gambling crime and disorder
• Making certain that gambling is done in a fair and open way
• Protecting children and vulnerable persons from harm and exploitation through gambling.
What are the different types of licenses?
• Permit to supply software.
• License to operate arcades, adult gaming centres and family entertainment centres.
• Remote and non-remote casinos including live streaming and networks.
• Non-remote and remote bingo.
• License to create, manufacture, supplied, adapt, install and maintains gaming machines.
• Permit for society and local lotteries.
• Remote and non-remote betting intermediary license.
Common FAQ Concerning Gambling Legislation in the UK
Who can apply for a license to sell gambling services?
There is no limit to the number of operational appliances that one can apply for. However, there is a law stating that a British entity or entity within the EEA is not allowed to apply.
What casino restrictions apply on licensees?
The GA 2005 states that owners of non-remote casino and bingo licenses cannot give credit. It also limits young persons under 18; any wager by an underage must be returned and no prize paid.
Only casinos licensed under the act of 2005 are allowed to provide bingo and betting.
Is remote gambling allowed?
Yes – unlike many other jurisdictions, the UKGC permits remote gambling.
What is the applicable time for the licenses?
Licenses once given are indefinite, unless surrendered, lapsed or revoked.
What is the commission’s social responsibility?
The gambling commission ensures that all casino supplier and operators have put all the necessary measures to detect and prevent problem gambling.
List of Casino Table Games
Casino table games are a gambling favourite for many good reasons. Slot machines are a…
How to Win at Baccarat – All You Need to Know About Beating the Game
Just like Roulette and Slot Machines, Baccarat is a casino game that revolves around luck.…
How to Become a Professional Poker Player
Since the poker boom hit in 2003, TV-shows such as “High Stakes Poker” have been…
Why Can’t I Claim the Welcome Bonus With Skrill?
Being a casino enthusiast with a liking for e-Wallets, we’ve all been there. We go…
Full Guide on How to Play Baccarat Online and the Rules of Baccarat
Baccarat is a simple and fast paced game that has been played for more than…
How to Play and Win Big at Penny Slots – Full Guide Explaining Everything You Need to Know
If you’re someone who believes that it’s impossible to win at penny slots in the…