Kansas Casinos Online
The sunflower state is one of America’s provinces that sit in the middle when it comes to real money risk-taking. Kansas is certainly not a full blown gambling conservative like Alaska, but it’s not an overly liberal state like New Jersey either.
While nearly a dozen of commercial and tribal casinos operate in Kansas, neither home games of poker or any type of online gambling is officially legalized. Betting on horses and greyhounds is also a peculiar story as this is allowed, though there are no venues currently holding a license to offer it.
For convenience sake many people in the state are gambling over the internet at off-shore and Kansas friendly online casinos. While this isn’t necessarily legal to do, it’s pretty much a risk-free pastime as no one has ever gotten in trouble for it and probably never will.
Best online casinos in Kansas listed and reviewed
If you’re looking for a great place to indulge in poker, sports wagering and casino entertainment over the internet there are no better gambling sites to visit than those that we have listed below. Legitimately licensed and regulated in jurisdictions outside of the US, these are high quality sites that have long been a popular choice for gamblers. With plenty of bonus offers; a wide selection of games and superb customer support they are some of the best Kansas friendly casinos to be found online.
400% up to $2,000 with ree Spins
- Diverse game collection including live casino games
- Accepts cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Litecoin
- A lot of 3D slots available
100% Bonus up to $8,888 +350 free spins on first 6 deposits
- Great selection of table games and video poker games
- US customers accepted
- Great bonuses for all types of players
250% Bonus up to $2,550
- There are several bonuses, cash back programs and VIP programs at this casino.
- A lot of their their offers have no maximum cash out limits, unlike some of Deck Media’s casino brands.
- This casino accepts US players as well.
Deposit $25 and play with $100
- Full selection of Rival games available
- A lot of bonuses, especially for slot machine players
- Experienced online casino launched in 2012
100% Bonus up to $100 on first 8 deposits
- 24/7 support available through live chat and email
- Accessible for most US players
What’s it like playing at the above casinos?
Figuring this out yourself should be half the fun! However, we do understand if you want a glimpse of the experience before diving into it so here goes. You can expect the following:
- More than 200 different slots, including progressive jackpot machines
- Plenty of table games such as blackjack, roulette, baccarat and craps
- A live dealer section where you play table games against real dealers
- Several payment options including Amex, Visa, Mastercard & Bitcoins
- A very valuable welcome bonus and many other promotional offers
- Smooth cash outs that are usually approved within 48 hours
- Professional support available on chat, e-mail & phone 24/7
- Sports wagering, horse and greyhound betting, as well as poker
How do I gamble at online casinos in Kansas?
Whether you’re looking to play casino, wager money on sports, bet on horses or play poker the gambling experience online is not much different than the experience at land based venues. You have to create an account where you provide some personal details about yourself and of course fund this account by making a deposit.
Just like brick and mortar casinos in Kansas you will also be required to verify your identity. This isn’t something you’re asked to do at once though, but this is a process that usually kicks in on your first withdrawal request. Normally all you have to do is to provide the gambling site with a photo copy of a government issued ID.
Except for poker which may require you to download a software, all gambling is conveniently done in your web browser and can be enjoyed just as smoothly from a computer as a mobile device. The entire gambling experience online is pretty straight forward and shouldn’t need much explaining.
In case you’re encountering any problems or wonder about anything you can just have a quick chat with the support that is available around the clock and always happy to assist. The only thing we would really like to highlight about Kansas casinos online is the importance of reading through terms and conditions on bonus offers. These can always be found in conjunction with the bonuses.
Quick facts about gambling in Kansas
- Casinos operating in the state pay 27% tax on their net profits
- Kansas’ commercial casinos generate $80 million in taxes every year
- The state lottery is also a big income with $80 million in taxes annually
- Purchasing lottery tickets and pari-mutuel betting is allowed at 18
- Minimum age for gambling at commercial and tribal casinos is 21
- At most Kansas friendly online casinos the minimum age is 18
- The state is home to four commercial and five tribal casinos
Social gambling: Not legal
Charity raffles: Legal
Sports betting: Not legal
Poker games: Legal
Casino games: Legal
Bingo games: Legal
Online betting: Not legal
Online casino: Not legal
Online poker: Not legal
Is it legal to play casino online in Kansas?
It is not. The state of Kansas defines illegal gambling as the following:
“…making a bet, entering or remaining in a gambling place with the intent to bet, participate in a lottery or play a gambling device, and playing a gambling device.”
While there are many exceptions in the law allowing tribal and commercial casinos; pari-mutuel betting and lotteries, online gambling is not one of them. And to clarify matters the law of Kansas also says that anything that is not explicitly allowed is illegal. So there’s little doubt that gambling over the internet is prohibited.
As much as the penalty for illegal gambling certainly is an undesired one – up to a $1,000 fine and six months in jail – you shouldn’t be too concerned about playing casino online in Kansas. Plenty of people have done this for over a decade and there are no records whatsoever to be found about anyone facing any legal action for doing so.
A brief look at the history of gambling in Kansas
Going back about 150 years or so there are parts of Kansas that would perfectly mirror the merciless and wild western movies that we are binge watching today. This means that gambling was widely accepted and available in the mid-19th century. The recognition of Kansas as a state in 1861 was, however, the beginning of the end to this. From banning all types of gambling, liberal winds have then once again started to blow up more and more.
1868: As a way to tackle illegal gambling any devices that are used to play any game of chance is made illegal. It is in other words not allowed to own a roulette wheel. Poker tables are not included in the ban as poker is seen as a game of skill.
1885: By this time Dodge City is well-known for being run by outlaws. The city is all about gambling, gunfights and brothels.
1895: An exception is made in the very restrictive gambling law. Limited gambling at fairs is allowed, such as betting on horse racing.
1903: Slot machines, which were just recently invented, become illegal.
1974: Charitable bingo is made legal.
1986: The people of Kansas voted on the issue of a state lottery and if pari-mutuel betting on horses and greyhounds should be allowed. The majority approve for both of them.
1995: After the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act was enacted by the US congress in 1988 and after negotiating with the state of Kansas, four Native American tribes are allowed to operate casinos.
1996: The first tribal casino in Kansas opens up – Golden Eagle Casino. This is still operational today.
2006: Approved by the state, racetracks are now allowed to offer gambling machines.
2008: The only two racetracks in Kansas shut down after all pari-mutuel betting licenses are revoked. Betting on horses and greyhounds is still legal, but no facility is allowed to offer it.
2009: Kansas first commercial casino opens up – Boot Hill Casino.
2012: Another two commercial casinos are added to the state – Kansas Star Casino and Hollywood Casino.
2015: Daily fantasy sports become legal after Governor Sam Brownback signs a bill for it.
2017: The fourth and for now final commercial casino opens up – Kansas Crossing Casino.
Land based gambling venues and casinos in Kansas
If any of the best Kansas casinos that we have recommended on top of the page aren’t good enough for you or online gambling just isn’t your cup of tea, we have listed some great alternatives below. These are all of the brick and mortar casinos that can be found in the state of Kansas.
7th Street Casino
Address: 777 North 7th Street Trafficway, Kansas City, Kansas 66101
Boot Hill Casino & Resort
Address: 314 West Spruce, Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Address: 777 Jackpot Drive, White Cloud, Kansas 66094
Golden Eagle Casino
Address: 1121 Goldfinch Road, Horton, Kansas 66439
Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway
Address: 777 Hollywood Casino Blvd, Kansas City, Kansas 66111
Kansas Crossing Casino & Hotel
Address: 400 U.S. 69 Business, Pittsburg, Kansas 66762
Kansas Star Casino Hotel Event Center
Address: 777 Kansas Star Drive, Mulvane, Kansas 67120
Prairie Band Casino & Resort
Address: 12305 150th Road, Mayetta, Kansas 66509
Sac & Fox Casino – Powhattan
Address: 1322 U.S. 75, Powhattan, Kansas 66527
Pros and cons of gambling on the internet
Before rushing to any of the above brick and mortar casinos in Kansas you may want to consider the option of gambling online as this actually comes with several benefits. Below we have mentioned many of the pros and cons.
Benefits of gambling online include:
- You can do it whenever you want to – it’s incredible convenient
- Slot machines have a much, much higher payout percentage
- Many more casinos to choose from, not just your local ones
- It’s the only way to bet on sports, horses and greyhounds
- You are able to take part of a lot more promotional offers
- It is possible to gamble with crypto currencies like Bitcoin
Downsides of gambling online include:
- You won’t find as many casino games, slots in particular
- It’s not the same electricity of excitement in the air
- Cash outs aren’t as fast as they need to be approved
- You may experience fees on deposits and withdrawals
FAQ about gambling and casinos in Kansas
Is it legal for me and my friends to play poker for cash?
Probably not. While social gaming isn’t addressed in the state law it does say that anything that isn’t explicitly allowed is illegal. Thus home games of poker would be an offence to host and partake in. History also tells us that there have been raids on poker games. These have, however, been organized ones. If you are only playing with your friends you probably have nothing to worry about. But you are in fact, most likely, committing a crime which is technically punishable by law.
How do you choose the best online casinos in Kansas?
We have a team of passionate gambling enthusiasts whose main hand job is to keep up to date with the online gambling industry in America. This means frequently visiting all internet casinos – new as well as established ones – and examining these thoroughly. They are rated on several important factors that affect the gambling experience, such as bonuses, game selection, withdrawal times, safety and customer support.
Could I be prosecuted for gambling online?
In theory you probably could as the way the gambling laws of Kansas read it does seem to be a criminal offence playing casino and indulging in other gambling activities over the internet. However, thousands of state residents have gambled online for more than a decade and no one has yet been penalized for it.
What bonuses can I find at online casinos?
This will vary from one gambling site to another, but at most of the very best Kansas casinos recommended by us you are likely to come across the following:
– Deposit bonuses giving you extra money on a deposit
– Cashbacks returning some of your potential net losses
– Leaderboard competitions with various prizes at stake
– Lottery draws where cash and exotic trips can be won
– Free spin offers giving you free spins on slot machines
– Different loyalty offers rewarding you for your loyalty
Can I cash out to my Visa or Mastercard?
While it’s common for Kansas friendly online casinos to offer debit cards as a deposit method, it’s more of a rule than an exception that you can’t withdraw to them. Cashing out your winnings you have to use another method such as check by courier, bitcoins or wire transfer (if offered).
Casino Sites by States
More US online casinos